Dr. Limaye has received extensive medical training and successful assessments. His experience in short is as follows:
5 years undergraduate training and 3 years of post-graduate training in India to qualify as a medical doctor and specialist orthopaedic surgeon in 1993.
Further 10 years of junior and senior registrar level orthopaedic and trauma training across Liverpool, London and Oxford regions within the UK.
Fellowship level training in Foot/Ankle surgery, leading to entry onto specialist register in the UK in 2005.
Appointment as a Consultant in Orthopaedics and Truama surgery in the NHS from 2005.
Faculty position in local and international level courses and conferences in foot/ankle surgery, trauma and basic sciences.
- MBBS - 1990 - B J Medical School, Pune, India
- MS (Orth) - 1993- B J Medical school and Sassoon Hospitals, Pune, India
- MSc (Trauma surgery) - 1999 -University of Birmingham, UK
- MCh (Orth) - 2000- University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
- FRCS ( General) - 2005- The Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK
- FRCS (Orth) - 2005- The Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland and England, UK
- Trauma Fellowship - 2005 (AO International- Switzerland)
Current Academic Positions
- Examiner MRCS, The Royal College of Surgeons of England- From January 2012
- Examiner - FRCS (Orth), Intercollegiate Boards in Trauma and Orthopaedics, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK- From March 2011
- Honorary Clinical lecturer- University of Teesside, UK, From March 2011
- Faculty - Basic science courses and Mock examinations for FRCS Orth, Oswestry, Wrightington and Northern Deanery, Newcastle, UK - from early 2009 and on going
- Examiner - Final year medical students, University of Newcastle- from 2010
Membership of Societies
- General Medical Council - Full Membership
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England : Fellowship
- Specialist Register In Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery in the UK
- British Foot and Ankle Society
- Medical defence Union
- Yorkshire foot and ankle society
- Northern Orthopaedics foot and ankle surgery society
- Sub-Specialty Training in foot and ankle surgery
- Basic Foot/Ankle surgery - Mr's Sarkar and Belham - Luton Hospital and Watford Hospital, UK
- Hindfoot surgery and Total Ankle replacements - Prof Hintermann, Liestal, Switzerland
- Forefoot Surgery - Prof Coillard, Lyon, France
- Arthroscopic sports injury surgery - Prof Nick van Dijk, Amsterdam, Holland
- Minimally invasive foot/ankle surgery - Prof De Prada, Murcia, Spain
- Additional top up training - Various centres in the USA - Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Chicago
Dr. Limaye has publications in many national and international journals. He also has written many chapters in the Texbook of Orthopaedics, edited by Jaypee bros, India.
Rajiv’s interests include fell walking, hiking in Switzerland, skiing, driving and owning sports cars.
He has received many prizes in water colour paintings. Rajiv has completed elementary and intermediate drawing exams leading to a diploma in painting. His other interest lies in photography and also has received recognition in that.
He is currently taking his flying lessons on Cesna 152 leading to private pilot licence for a light air craft through Durham Tees valley flying club.
Rajiv is a president of a local British Indian community organisation in the NorthEast of Englnad. In addition to all, he enjoys travelling and learning new cultures, food, places and spends remaining time with his family, kids and his friends from various backgrounds.