Mark Glazebrook is a full time Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Dalhousie University with a cross appointment to the School of Biomedical Engineering. He completed his medical training in 1994 and completed specialty training in Orthopaedic Surgery in 1999 at Dalhousie.
He then went on to complete a fellowship in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle and Sports Medicine at the University of Western Ontario. This was followed with a PhD in Achilles Tendon Disease at Dalhousie University.
Dr. Glazebrook devotes 80% of his working time to clinical practice focusing on Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Reconstruction and Sports Medicine. During research time focus is on outcome studies on Evidence Based Medicine, Ankle Arthritis, MTP Arthritis, Bone Graft Substitutes and Achilles tendon rupture care.
He is currently President Elect for the Canadian Orthopedic Association (COA)
- 80 peer reviewed paper publications
- 14 textbook chapters and editor of 1 Textbook
- 77 published abstracts
- 167 Invited guest speaker engagements (Including international sites in Columbia, UK, Australia, Spain, Lebanon, Africa and USA)
- >1.4 million $ in research Grants (The vast majority Industry driven)
- Supervised Fellows: 9 and Masters Students: 4
- President Elect Canadian Orthopedic Association (COA)
- American British Canadian (ABC) Travelling Fellow in 2009
- American Foot &Ankle Society (AOFAS) Travelling Fellow in 2006
- 24 Committee Appointments: 9 Local 15 National 9 International
- Chairman of several Orthopedic meetings for American Orthopedic Society Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS), the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and the Canadian Foot & Ankle Society (COFAS)
- Master Instructor Faculty Member of the Combined AANA/AOFAS Annual Course
- Invited Faculty American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS), AANA, AOFAS COA
- North American Foot and Ankle Federation Representative to the International Federation of Foot & Ankle Societies (IFFAS)
- American F& A Society Board Member and Canadian Orthopedic Association Executive Board Member